Our Client is currently has a requirement for an experienced SQL Database Administrator for a 6 month contract.
This position will be part of a global database team and will focus mainly on supporting the EMEA region.
Main Responsibilities of the SQL DBA:
* Install SQL Server 2012, 2014, and 2016.
* Setup database clustering using MS AlwaysOn Availability Groups in an enterprise.
* Develop and document database architectures within the confines of the application requirements and established standards.
* Assist in planning and installing upgrades of database management system software to enhance database performance.
* Monitor and report using software and native processes (Strong experience with SQL server transactional publications and subscriptions).
* Document and communicate database schemas, using accepted notations.
* Demonstrate database technical functionality, such as performance, security and reliability.
* Review database objects for data integrity, security, recoverability, scalability, maintenance and capacity, and recommend changes to management as necessary.
* Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organisation.
If you would like to apply or discuss the details of this position in strict confidence Contact Matthew Duane Rice