Our client is a global financial services firm who set up a global technology innovation lab in Dublin a few years ago. This is an excellent opportunity to join an environment that is very much focused on migrating from a Monolithic application environment to Microservices. They also have a global Data Lab on site with a large Hadoop ecosystem and extensive use predictive analytics and machine learning. They are now building out a software engineering unit to support this migration to microservices and big data.
You will have three to five years solid Java experience and experience with the Spring Framework, REST etc. Microservices experience would be highly beneficial but not a prerequisite.
As a Java developer, you will be part of Dublin development pod focused on delivering key applications. This software components and architecture which you will be contributing towards will create the foundations to build and extend the wider trade finance application landscape as well as making trade finance a flag ship implementation across the group.
The developer will design and develop application code in response to business problems and will participate as part of a global agile team on development related work.
• Development of source code, including descriptions, in line with detailed requirements
• Verifies the developed source code by reviews
• Integrates software components including unit and integrated software testing according to the test plan
• Ensures that all code changes end up in configuration and deployment tools
• Provides Release Deployments on non-Production Management controlled environments.
• Capture Build and Deployment notes, develop Software Product Deployment & Operating Instructions.
• Support creation of Software Product & Release Documentation
• Deployment Instructions.
o Develops Software Product Operating Instructions.
o Checks consistency of documents with the respective Software Product Release
o Maintenance of applications and performs technical change requests, in line with release plans
o Fixes software defects/bugs.
o Measures and analyses code for quality.
o Collaborates with Functional Analysts and technical Specialists to complete work, as required.
• Significant prior experience with development technologies and keep pace with technical innovations.
• Strong experience working with agile software development methodologies.
• The ability to develop reusable and performant Java libraries aligned with good architectural and design patterns
• Good mastery of JVM and build out of scalable data intensive applications
• Experience with Test Driven Development.
• Primary technologies: Java 8, Spring, Rest API and Microservices
• Nice to have Reach / Angular JS.
• Applied knowledge of the core Java technologies and supporting components including:
o Programming (Core Java, Java Script, HTML5, CSS3)
o Web Frameworks (AngularJS, GWT, Spring)
o Web Services (REST, SOAP)
o Data Exchange (JSON, XML)
o Data persistence (Relational databases (MySQL, Oracle) and NoSql (Hive, Impala, Neo4j and other variants)). Previous experience using JPA is a plus.
o Web Servers (Tomcat)
o Test Automation (JUnit, Cucumber, Mockito, EasyMock or any other mocking framework)
o Source Code Management (Git, Subversion)
o Build Tools (Maven, Ant) & Continuous Integration (TeamCity)
• Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or Software Engineering or an IT-related discipline (or equivalent).
If you are interested in Associate Java Developer Role please contact Gabi Gogol on 016621000, or click on apply now.