Snap-on Incorporated is a $3.4 billion leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of tool and equipment solutions for professional technicians, motor service shop owners, specialty repair centres, original equipment manufacturers, and industrial tool users world-wide. Product lines include hand and power tools, diagnostics and shop equipment, tool storage products, diagnostics software and other solutions for the transportation and industrial service industries.
Snap-on's mission is to create value by providing innovative solutions to the transportation service and industrial markets worldwide. Snap-on has long been the leader in producing the highest quality hand tools for the professional technician, but today, Snap-on is more than a hand tool company. Today, Snap-on surrounds its customers with a full range of capabilities.
Snap-on's present and future success is driven by its competitive advantages. These advantages give substance to Snap-on's ambitions, shape its strategies and define the essence of its value as an investment and an institution. Snap-on has assembled the industry's most complete portfolio of technology solutions and has the development capabilities to address the service challenges of tomorrow.
The Cork facility is one of several Snap-on global engineering sites and employs over 70 development professionals. The team is responsible for the development of a wide range of software including complex, high volume web-based applications and services.
Job Description Software Engineer
Snap-on Diagnostics is seeking to hire an outstanding software development engineer to work on developing cutting-edge web-based software.
This position requires an excellent team player with great communication skills who demonstrates a passion for delivering software of uncompromising quality to customers. The candidate will frequently be required to work on a cross-functional level in partnership with other Snap-on Diagnostics’ Software Development sites across the globe.
Essential Skills Required:
· Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / other Science, or equivalent.
· Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design principles
· Successful Track Record as Team Player
· Excellent written and verbal communication in the English Language
· Self-Motivated and Self-Organizing.
The following skills are not essential, but desirable:
· Background in Agile/Scrum
· Big data
Successful Candidate’s Roles and Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
· Analysis and Design of new developments using industry best-practices and object-oriented design skills.
· Interact with other software development Teams both in Cork and at Snap-on Diagnostics’ other facilities, mainly in the US.
· Work with software quality assurance professionals to ensure the highest standards of software development.
· Participation in design and code reviews and other peer-based software development activities.
· Involvement and input into the team and company’s continuous improvement activities as required.
· Any other reasonable duties as required by the manager.