We currently have a vacancy in our ICT department for an ICT 1st Level Desktop Support Engineer.
The position will be based in our Head Office in Kill, Co. Kildare.
As part of the IT Services team reporting to the IT Services Manager, you will be based at our head office in Kill, providing 1st level IT services to 500+ users located at our head office in Kill and at multiple remote sites countrywide.
- Providing support, installation and monitoring services for technologies that include HP PC’s & laptops, Apple MAC, video conferencing & IP telephony, Canon and HP printers.
- Administration of a fleet of 500+ mobile devices including Windows and IOS Smartphones, iPads and 4G modems.
- Monitoring and maintaining core network and server availability by carrying out daily checks on systems and resolving issues.
- Administration of the procurement process for ICT hardware, software and services.
- Solid understanding of hardware products including PCs, laptops, printers, fixed / mobile telephony and general network equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including, Active Directory, Exchange, Windows 7 and Office products.
- Good understanding of networking/broadband products (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, Wifi,4G)
- Candidate will have a Third Level qualification in IT.
- Communication skills are an essential key requirement as you will be dealing with end users and 3rdparty service providers on an ongoing basis.
- Have excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to manage workload through a Helpdesk Call Logging System
- Ability to work within an IT Team to promote, develop and maintain strong customer service values.
- Candidate will have strong administrative skills and be well organised.
- ITIL qualification/experience desirable
What do we offer?
we are committed to learning and development and with our CPD accreditation from Engineers Ireland you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment.
Would you like to be part of our team that continues to build a better Ireland? If so, find out more in our Vacancies.
BAM Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.