Our client is a leading financial services organisation based in the city centre. They have an immediate requirement for a SQL Database Developer for a 6 month daily rate contract.
You will be working on a major back office systems reengineering initiative that introduced a SQL 2016 Data Warehouse along with significant changes to other internal databases, software applications, reporting solutions and business processes. There are significant further adaptations needed to be implemented in the Data Warehouse before the end of June 2018.
You’ll help deliver a significant refactoring of their information architecture which includes SQL 2016 Data Warehouse, SSIS, SSRS, SharePoint, MS Dynamics. You will be required to understand complex processes and technical language at meetings and workshops to identify tasks and team interdependencies.
• Dimensional data modelling and data architecture design and implementation
• ETL and data integration design and implementation
• Master data management, process design and implementation
• Data quality process design and implementation
• Analysis of requirements and production of specifications and reports
• MIS Report writing including SSRS, Crystal reports, etc. (approx. 100)
• Documentation of solution (e.g. data models, configurations, and setup etc.)
• Working within a project management delivery methodology
• Ensure all data warehouse architecture code is maintained in a version control system.
The ideal candidate will have both technical and process expertise including:
• Strong Microsoft 2016 data warehouse development experience – ideally 5+ years of SQL database experience across a range of technologies including SQL warehouses, TSQL, SSIS and SSRS
• Experience of working in a team of technical resources
• Experience and demonstrated competencies with dimensional design, facts and dimensions
• Expertise in logical and physical data warehouse database design
• Experience and demonstrated competencies in ETL development techniques with hands on experience in developing and utilising SSIS
• Experience in data warehouse performance optimization
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very well-known and successful company. For more information, please contact Derek Smyth on 01 6621000 or simply send your CV through the link.