My client is seeking a motivated individual with technical knowledge to assist with customer reporting and ETL requests. The person appointed will be key in helping customers by consulting with them on simple to complex reporting requirements. Afterwards, the BI Developer will create and test the report in SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) and ensure requirements are met. The initial timeframe will be spent learning the software and database. Additional responsibilities including writing SQL scripts in SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) and creating SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) packages as needed.
In the future, this role may take on responsibilities in other BI environments such as Tableau or Power BI.
• Developing reports in SSRS, from simple tabular outputs to enterprise level dashboards
• Learn and Understand the Database and Software
• Write T-SQL for bulk updates, stored procedures, views
• Optimize SQL
• Modify SSRS reports per customer requests
• Update views for a query tool used in the application
• Maintain query tool with a model builder
• Build SSIS packages as needed
• Keep up to date with documentation
• Help staff optimize their SQL code
Functional Knowledge and Experience
• Excellent and polite written communication skills
• Ability to work with customers during requirements gathering to understand needs
• Tenacity in solving a problem – ability to stay with a problem until a solution has been obtained
• Ability to work well on a team
• 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SSRS
• 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SSMS and T-SQL
• Graduate with an IT related degree or 3+ years of experience in SQL and SSRS if degree or certifications are not IT related. MS certification in SQL or databases a plus.
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.