Our client is a Fortune 500 company financial services firm with an established presence in Ireland, in Carlow. They have an excellent IT Job opportunity for an experienced Scrum Master. You will be working on a modern tech stack with excellent teams.
If you are working in Dublin and would like a slower pace of life and a more affordable housing market, this is seriously worth looking at. If you are based out towards City west or Naas, door to door the commute is insignificant and you are going against the traffic.
The Scrum/Kanban Master is a servant leader, helping the rest of the Agile team progress. They remove impediments for the team to support productivity and learning. The Scrum/Kanban Master must have a solid understanding of the agile values and principles and Agile frameworks as well as the ability to train others. The Scrum/Kanban Master has responsibilities for coaching teams on the implementation of Lean-Agile principles and practices and keeps the team moving forward at all times. They work closely with the Product Owner or other roles involved in shaping team demand to ensure backlogs and deliveries are prioritized based on business value and/or risk. They are able to identify team’s needs to shape or meet business expectation. They are responsible for assisting the team evolve to highly motivated, self-organized team that delivers reliably and pursues continuous improvement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Guides the Agile team in the understanding and application of Agile frameworks with the intention of achieving self-organization
• Facilitates team planning ensuring balance between technical and story/request delivery
• Ensures timely delivery of commitments through the management and removal of the Agile team’s impediments
• Ensures Agile management tools (application lifecycle management tools and/or Kanban boards) are up to date and reflect the prioritization of the backlog
• Consistently monitors and reports on Agile team metrics, including technical quality continuous integration, burndowns, lead times, throughput, flow efficiency etc.
• Collaborates with the product owner and/or other technical stakeholders to prioritize backlog considering business value, technical debt and risk.
• Facilitates retrospectives and/or service or operational reviews by providing an environment where candid feedback is welcomed and encourages suggestions from the Agile team members that are targeted towards improving overall team performance.
• Facilitates timely and efficient daily stand-ups
• Responsible for creating an energetic, collaborative and motivated team culture
• Contributes agile knowledge of values, principles, and practices to help continuously improve the organization-wide adoption and process
• When appropriate, assists teams in further breakdown of cards/work
• Partners with other Scrum/Kanban Masters across the organization as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and/or Kanban Management Professional (KMP) where appropriate
• Working knowledge of various Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, etc.)
• Strong planning, organization, communication and negotiation skills
• Experience working with large, small, remote and co-located teams
• Demonstrated experience working with teams and able to balance personal accountability with ensuring team increasingly becomes self-managed
• In-depth understanding of agile values, principles and practices
• Understands fundamentals of evolutionary change, iterative & incremental development
• Understands other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to team and enterprise
• Actively demonstrates and promotes Agile values and practices
• Experience with Microsoft’s Technical Foundation Server (TFS) or a similar Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tool is a plus
If you are interested in the Scrum Master role please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000 or click on apply now.