FRS Recruitment are currrently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer for a role located in Limerick with our client, a leading IT Solutions Provider!
The role's main responsibilities:
· Participate in feature requirements definition
· Develop features
· Problem isolation and fault finding
· Support test automation for developed features
· Customer issue replication
· Creating and updating of releases notes.
· Work with Product Management to understand requirements.
· Work within Development to test product and isolate issues.
Good knowledge of C/C++ programming with good embedded debugging skills
· Excellent analytical skills and an ability to cope with ambiguity and change
· Experience in the full software development cycle within a project based environment · Able to use debuggers, protocol analysers and logic analysers
· Experience with modern 32bit processors / microcontrollers e.g. ARM and their toolchains
· Self-starter with excellent communication and documentation skills and with the ability to work unaided
· Linux/UNIX development skills (ideally in an embedded environment) including networking, scripting and socket programming
· Some development experience with Embedded Linux Kernel and Device Drivers
· Familiar with video and audio codecs such as MPEG4 and JPEG
· Familiar with USB protocols
· Possess a thorough understanding of protocol stack concepts and architecture
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, please apply below or contact me directly!