Software Developer (Java or .NET)
Our client is looking for a Software Developer to join their International Multi-Channel team. Based in Dublin and reporting to one of their Development Managers, you will be joining an experienced team of talented developers working in an Agile environment to build new features and extend the capabilities of our cloud based international ecommerce platform used across Europe and Canada.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to become a senior developer and interested in full stack cloud development from back to front-end tiers using ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server and AWS.
We work in the latest technologies, offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and a relaxed work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing, developing and deploying cloud based web applications in ASP.NET MVC and AWS.
- Implementing sensible, responsive and easy to use web interfaces for desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Writing unit and automation tests.
- Ensuring code released to production is stable, performant, scalable, flexible, and secure.
- Working with customers and stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements.
- Providing design documentation, release notes and test plans.
- Working with QA, Support, and Infrastructure engineers to investigate and resolve application issues
Required Skills and Experience
- A Computer Science degree or similar education and/or work experience.
- 4+ years’ experience developing enterprise web applications in C# or Java.
- Experience in web technologies, like HTML/CSS, jQuery, Node.js, etc.
- Experience with databases and ORMs, like SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- Experience with a cloud provider such as Amazon Web Services or Azure.
- Experience with version control and automated deployment solutions like Github and TeamCity.
- Experience with micro services, and service orientated architecture practices.
- Good communication skills including an ability to express yourself to technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently or as part of a team.
- Passionate about developing excellent products and growing your skills.
- Staying up to date with current trends, and being able to translate them into suggestions and new ideas for our software and the way we work.
- Previous experience in e-commerce and/or online payment systems a plus (but optional).
All applicants must possess full EU working visa/residency.
Please apply directly to Liam Irvine.