My city centre based client, is provider SAAS solutions to investment firms globally. Due to expansion, they are now looking for hands-on, well rounded Systems administrator for their growing Infrastructure Operations build team.
This team is responsible for provisioning, integrating, and daily operation of critical systems used to support our clients’ Production, Disaster Recovery, and Test environments.
• Play a key role with on boarding new clients, including environment provisioning, customer connectivity, service integration, and security configuration.
• Provide production infrastructure support for our large and complex base of live clients.
• Manage, monitor, and troubleshooting systems with strong focus on continuous improvement.
• Assist with capacity planning for server resources.
• Write basic SQL queries perform light database administration tasks.
• Support third party infrastructure applications and services, such as Citrix XenApp, file transfer, job scheduling.
• Adhere to CRD technical standards, policies, and procedures.
• Collaborate with business and software teams to create/streamline/automate support processes
• Understand and respect why IT security is important to our company and follow all documented security policies and procedures.
• Participate in incident response and troubleshooting efforts as issues arise.
• Participate in periodic weekend maintenance rotation.
• Operational experience on an infrastructure/systems administration team supporting mission critical production systems.
• Experience building and delivering IT systems with a high degree of quality.
• Proven experience working with various core infrastructure and web technologies
• Proven experience with MS Windows Server system administration or application server support
• A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
• A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail, and issue ownership.
• Good understanding of various Microsoft technologies – Active Directory, Group Policies, IIS, WSUS, SQL Server, DFS, DNS, NTFS etc.
• Basic understanding of the core concepts of networking, firewalls, and VPNs.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple significant projects and initiatives.
• Experience with some web / application server technologies (ex: Apache HTTPD, IIS, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere)
• Experience with job scheduling software are a plus (ex: Cisco Tidal, AutoSys, BMC Control-M)
• Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Perl, etc.) are a plus
• Understanding of ITIL concepts are a plus.
• Professional IT certifications are a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical or analytical discipline such as management or computer information systems (MIS, CIS), information technology (IT), financial engineering, engineering, science, economics, mathematics, or statistics.
• Professional IT Certifications desirable.
If you are interested in the Systems Administrator role, please contact Ian Donnelly on 01 6621000 or click on apply now.