Our client is a leading Irish FinTech firm providing Software as a Service (SaaS) governance, risk and compliance software solutions globally. Their customers are leading names in the global financial services and corporate space. Their business is rapidly growing and has doubled in the past 24 months and will double again in the next 24 months.
They also offer a great place to work with genuinely passionate and collaborative people. You will get full exposure to the full stack at a point where the business is going through significant growth. The role is based close to the Long mile road and offers car parking as well as very accessible public transport routes.
• Design and develop new product features.
• Work with the Spring framework, Hibernate, JBoss, Oracle and Responsive Design/AngularJS.
• Actively participate in design, review and implementation of application development.
• Collaboration with the respective company groups responsible for each of these areas to ensure the end product satisfies all departments in the chain.
• Contribute to scrum sessions and the overall improvement in our development process.
• IT Experience with at least 5 years JavaEE/J2EE development experience
• At least 3 years’ experience with model view controller frameworks such as Spring MVC
• Experience using design patterns and use of Unified Modeling Language
• Rapid application development or other iterative development methodologies
• Ability to provide accurate and reliable input into development estimations for the creation and execution of project plans
• Ability to escalate technical issues in an effective manner and effectively resolve these in conjunction with the rest of the team and/or the customer
• Capable of working independently to resolve issues and/or identify solutions
• Keen interest in technology and an active awareness of the technical directions and new tool and techniques appearing in the marketplace
Experience with the following development tools/environments would be beneficial:
• IBM WebSphere Application Server, JBoss Application Server and Apache Tomcat
• Spring Framework
• Angular / TypeScript
• Oracle / SQL
• Knowledge of Financial/Audit/Compliance Services is a plus
• Strong background and exposure to Analysis and Design of applications
• Experience with the complete life cycle of web applications/products
• Familiar with Quality processes and must have followed them during development
• Ability to communicate with Business Analysts regarding user requirements
If you are interested in applying for the Java Software Developer role please click on apply now or contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.