European Passport/Stamp 4 Irish Visa required.
Our client, a huge, multinational company, currently has a job opening for a Lead Data Scientist.
If you are the successful data scientist your job will drive, develop and implement data science strategies to drive tangible business results for stakeholders globally.
You will be joining a new Data Science team that is tasked with seeking out value adding data science projects in all revenue generating arms of the business.
This Data Science job has a great mix of strategy, hands on technical, and leadership.
• Leading a data science team to identify, propose and develop complex, business relevant, data science solutions, with a focus on revenue generating opportunities
• Developing leading proof of concept’s (POC’s) to create break through solutions, performing exploratory and targeted data analyses
• Managing the end to end analytics development lifecycle (from ideation to model validation and deployment)
• Designing, developing and deploying data visualization solutions to provide insights into business problems
• Clear and concise communication of analyses, recommendations, status and results to business management and executives
• Answering questions that directly influence strategy and decision-making and across the bank
Skills & Qualifications:
• A good balance between theory and practice with a strong desire to keep up with the latest technologies.
• MSc/PhD in a quantitative field (not essential)
• Demonstrable earned stripes in coding, data handling, statistics and machine learning/
• Experience of leading projects and/teams is also required
• Well-rounded understanding of the Data Science landscape & demonstrable experience working across the data science project life-cycle
• Adept at interfacing with business to make sure they are asking the right questions & subsequently turning the right business question into a data and analytics question
• Experience with Python and/or R
• Experience with Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) tools such as Pentaho, SQL Server Integration Services etc.
• Comfortable manipulating and analysing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
• Exposure to Big Data (not essential)
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right Data Science candidate for this job, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 01662100 or click apply.