Our client is a leading financial services firm with an excellent in-house technology team. You will be working with a team of very experienced engineers. They are currently rearchitecting their core applications. This is an opportunity for an experienced Senior Java engineer with strong full stack experience and experience with RESTful services to work on retuning their core applications as they go down a microservices path.
They have a city centre location, free access to their onsite gym and fitness studio, an impressive social calendar are just some of the unique benefits their employees enjoy.
Performance related bonuses, generous pension contributions and investment into further education demonstrate the value they place in developing and rewarding their staff.
An opportunity exists to join the Information Systems department as a Senior Java Developer.
• Work in close co-ordination with our business users, vendors and other stakeholders to craft solutions to business problems considering functional and non-functional requirements. Develop and maintain business requirements, design documents and other appropriate project documentation;
• Design and develop technical solutions which are robust, secure and easily maintainable, in line with development standards and best practice;
• Take a lead role in the design and implementation of new components and functionality. Project management of key tasks and initiatives providing timely status and project updates to key stakeholders;
• Liaise with test team and all project stakeholders to ensure solutions are fully tested. Creation and execution of automated test scripts wherever possible. Evaluate new technologies & 3rd party solutions. Liaise with new & existing vendors to develop integrations with 3rd party solutions;
• Provide technical direction & leadership to more junior team members. Act as a mentor to junior members of the team;
• Contribute to overall department goals and objectives.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT Degree or equivalent 3rd Level Education;
• 5+ years Java/J2EE and related technologies, ideally using Spring;
• Strong knowledge of Spring technologies (MVC, Spring Boot, Batch and Integration);
• Experienced in developing web services, primarily REST;
• Strong knowledge of Linux;
• Preferably exposure of containers like Docker or any other container system with similar capability;
• Preferably exposure on building Microservices with Spring cloud and Zuul or Service Discovery and Service Registry;
• Exposure of container orchestration tools like Docker Swarm or Kubernetes or similar technology will be good. Experience of SQL & RDBMS development (preferably Oracle);
• Experience of source control (Subversion/ GIT) and use of STS;
• Experience of Jenkins for the purpose of build and deployment;
• Working knowledge of web analytics & best practice for integrating into online applications;
• Appreciation of coding for web security;
• Experience in providing enterprise level web solutions to financial services organisations;
• Experience working within a recognised software development lifecycle such as Agile or Waterfall.
If you are interested in the Senior Java Developer role please click on apply now or contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.