A top global insurance provider is growing out their Security team and have a requirement for a regional head of security. The role will be based in South Dublin.
This role will serve as the project manager on a wide range of global Information Security projects. Support the delivery of solutions that protect information against unauthorized disclosure, modification or loss. Responsibilities include driving the execution of security initiatives by deploying, configuring and supporting security technologies, identifying security requirements and ensuring that they are implemented, and providing assurance that implemented security controls are operating as designed.
• Develop comprehensive project plans and drive the execution of these plans to ensure project success.
• Assist in the rapid execution of information security initiatives by maintaining an appropriate level of prioritization, focus and persistence in an environment of significant change and growth.
• Act as a project assurance representative on many projects simultaneously. Ensure that project objectives are delivered on time and meet stakeholder expectations for quality.
• Provide consistent follow through with the Business Manager and IT Project manager on issues/concerns to ensure appropriate visibility and escalation where needed.
• Must be able to manage project task execution independently and get all associated team members to deliver their tasks on time, both with and without direct authority.
• Provide security subject matter expertise, evaluating proposals and recommending available solutions.
• Assess the security posture of applications and infrastructure using a variety of assessment tools and methodologies.
• Manages a group of staff; Plans and controls day to day project tasks and budgets.
• Leads a team of specialists who perform standard tasks.
• Carries out managerial tasks such as resource management, development, talent management, performance management, compensation, retention, replacement and termination.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelors of Science degree in Information Technology or related discipline
• Relevant experience implementing or supporting host based security tools
• Minimum 5 years of project management experience leading cross-functional teams
• Minimum 8 years of experience in information security experience
• A full understanding of information security functions (confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and authorization)
• CISSP (or CISSP Associate) preferred
• Vendor technology certifications preferred, e.g. Cisco, Microsoft, etc.
• Strong analytical and customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skill
If you are interested in the Regional head of Security role, please contact Ian Donnelly on 01 6621000