A leading provider of tailored supply chain solutions are seeking a Solutions Architect. This role can be based in either Dublin or Limerick. This is a senior role for the organisation and will offer fantastic opportunity for career progression for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the IT Solutions design with solutions and application analysts, completion of IT information response pack, IT pricing and the presentation of same in technical reviews in response to customer RFQ’s , Contract Renewal, RFI, Major Scope Changes (requiring the services of the regional COE).
• Work closely with the IT Solutions Lead and other relevant COE disciplines to design optimal (costs, efficiency's, best practices) customer solutions before adding the required IT solution
• Work with nominated IT SME’s (Subject matter experts across all IT disciplines) to assist in responding, designing, pricing and planning the implementation of IT solutions.
• Adherence to the Global common RFQ process and use of the associated tool.
• Ensure all IT proposals adhere to approved equipment standards.
• Escalation of any issues leading to the failure of any IT discipline to meet the RFQ deadlines or indeed when additional help or resource is required to deliver the optimal IT solution & pricing.
• Provide on-going updates to the IT COE Lead, COE Lead, CIO/CSO and Global IT management regarding Customers feedback of IT capability during the RFQ process
• Assist in the identification of Innovative IT / Eng / Technical solutions
• Provide input into IT Strategic Product Development workshops
• Cross functional IT work processes, tools and relationships -
• Establish working relationships across the Global IT Applications and shared services teams
All Key areas of Infrastructure teams, DB, IT Security, Enterprise
• Work with the above teams to standardize and where possible ‘automate’ the RFQ response process where tools, templates and algorithms reduce the burden of the response effort so that full concentration can be given to designing ‘optimal’ IT solutions for customers.
• Development, ongoing update and re-use of the material will be a ‘KEY’ objective globally in support of the COE’s for all supporting functions (including Non-IT).
• Compile ALL relevant IT material post award (RFQ scope, IT Solutions presentations, IT Cost models, IT Project Plan, All IT written responses and presentations)
• Prioritization process and review
• Degree: IT or related degree (Computer Science, or Business Administration with emphasis in Computer Science, Supply Chain solution design experience / equivalent professional experience)
• 5 years working in a multi-national enterprise environment (Ideally supply chain or logistical environment or automotive).
• Demonstrated leadership experience required including significant dealings with external customers.
• Detailed understanding of Contract Logistics (Auto or Technology)
• Experience and detailed understanding of enterprise architecture and associated software systems relating to the provision of 3rd Party Logistics solutions and integration to Customer systems.
• Personal skills: Excellent written, verbal, presentation, general communication skills. Proven management skills with capability to coordinate the design of IT solutions within the constraints of time, cost, functionality. Effective co-ordination of a multi discipline distributed team with dependency on several IT functions (applications, integration, PMO, DBA, ESS, SD, TSS, Telecoms, IT Security, IT Admin etc.).
• Integration of automated shop floor technologies
• Software development life cycle
If you are interested in the Solutions architect role please click on apply now or contact Ian Donnelly on 01 6621000