Our Client is an Irish owned software development company with offices in Ireland and the US and they are currently in the process of expanding their Limerick operations and are recruiting for an experienced QA / Software Tester.
The successful candidate will be presented with the opportunity of helping to shape a rapidly growing QA team and ensuring that quality is the foundation for the software development process from beginning to end. They will be expected to be advocates for continuous quality improvements and implementation of appropriate techniques relevant to projects ranging in size from single developer-weeks to multiple developer-years.
This position reports to the Head of Software Services and the applicant will have responsibility for the testing on the portfolio of projects within their development team.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven with the ability to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution, with demonstrable troubleshooting and problem solving skills. This individual will possess strong prioritisation skills and flexibility to adjust priorities as needed in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment in order to achieve rapid response times to requests.
This position offers you the opportunity to work in a friendly, collaborative, high tech and agile environment where you are given the opportunity and support to innovate and grow.
This position is a direct result of the company's continued growth and success in the market and the position offers strong levels of career progression.
* Informing the development team as to QA best practices and setting the foundations for the QA department.
* Using scripting and programming skills to automate tests
* Executing test cases and logging bugs with the developers involved on particular projects
* Ensuring quality of product features
* Working within an agile environment
* Working with the Project Manager and Department Manager to continuously improve QA standards
* 3+ years' experience in application testing
* Experience of unit, automated and manual testing
* The ability to create test scripts from functional specifications
* Knowledge of QA best practice
* Ability to communicate (oral and written) clearly and accurately
* Ability to quickly learn new systems and retain knowledge
* Good time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines
* Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised at times
* An analytical approach and inquisitive mind
* Natural desire to progress within a rapidly expanding company
For further information on this opportunity or to apply, please contact Matthew Duane Rice on 061-513141 or Email