This is an excellent Meath based IT Job opportunity, for an experienced hands on IT Infrastructure Manager, or Senior Systems Engineer with team management and project management experience. The role is with a leading global financial services firm based in Navan.
You will be managing a range of applications, systems and infrastructure and assisting in managing the development, implementation and service delivery of IT hardware and software solutions in line with planned growth and business capability. Managing the Operations & Support team and Facilities Management team.
• Management of IS Support and Facilities Management teams
• Oversight of helpdesk ticketing system
• Tier 3 technical support of hardware and software infrastructure
• Management of IS and Facilities budgets
• Vendor Management
• Procurement of IT hardware, software, licences and maintenance in accordance with agreed budget
• Oversight of network infrastructure deployment & management
• Telecoms management: data, fixed line & mobile
• Information Security Management
• Identity & Access Management
• SAN management
• Virtual infrastructure deployment and maintenance
• Business continuity management
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Relevant professional and technical qualifications, e.g. MCSE, ITIL, MS Exchange, Project Management (Prince2/PMP)
• Typically, 5+ years’ relevant IS experience preferably within the financial services/insurance industries in Ireland
• Experience of having led and developed a team of qualified IT professionals
• Relevant facilities management experience desired, but not essential
• Approximately 40 servers - fully virtualised (VMware).
• Windows AD (Server 2012 although some 2008R2 servers).
• Onsite Exchange (Exchange 2013), setup as two-member DAG.
• Some Linux devices but these are specific to certain systems (network monitoring/scanning etc.)
• Office 365 - applications only, mail hosted internally on Exchange (see above). SharePoint based intranet currently in deployment.
• Network backend is Cisco XSeries switches (supported externally).
• CheckPoint Firewalls (supported externally).
• Mimecast mail filtering and security (cloud, internal support with escalation)
• Ironport WSA – internally supported.
• VMware virtual infrastructure – 3 x hosts running ESXi 5.5 support all servers
• Desktop infrastructure Dell/Windows 7
To apply for the IT Infrastructure & Operations Manager role please click on the link or contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.