Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Origina are inviting applications for experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our team headquartered in Sandyford. Origina is a global provider of third party software and hardware maintenance with the successful candidate getting exposure to a wide variety of technologies and servicing the needs of our valued customers. This is a permanent position at our offices in Sandyford with very attractive career progression options for the right candidate.
This is a very dynamic role in a fast paced and growing organisation. The successful candidate will be a key leader within the business with responsibility for managing and shaping critical areas within it.
The calibre of candidate we are looking for:
· Someone who can lead and inspire others around them
· A driven individual who thrives working in a customer facing environment who can take the lead in designing and managing complex IT customer projects as well as resolving IT support issues as a level 2 expert.
· A self-motivator who is not afraid of assuming additional responsibilities and a desire to constantly learn and develop their skills.
· A creative individual who likes to think outside of the box when it comes to solving challenging problems and who can still see the “bigger” picture during times of increased pressure.
Essential experience and skills requirements:
· Excellent abilities configuring Microsoft Enterprise network stack inc Active directory, DNS, DHCP etc.
· Experience and skills in Enterprise SAN eg EMC VNX, Dell Compellent
· Skills related to Computer & Comms rooms – fiber, cabling, power, connectivity etc…
· Responsibility for Backup, Restore and Disaster Recovery strategies (Data Protector, VEEAM etc.)
· Excellent capabilities in Enterprise environment systems ranging from group policy, PowerShell/dos scripting, SAN + NAS maintenance etc.
· Responsibility for VMWare maintenance and day to day usage
· Setup, Support and Configuration of Computer Infrastructure including:
o Network (Cisco)
o SAN Storage (EMC / HP)
o Windows Servers
· Excellent customer facing skills across all layers of IT management
· Ability to multitask and manage several technical projects at the same time
· Responsibility for large Infrastructure enterprise projects
· Support of O365 user setup
· Installation and Support of Software Applications
· Liaise with vendors on technical projects, installations and error resolution
· Security and proxy server experience
· Experience working with Linux servers desirable
· Previous experience working with IBM-i, AIX or HP-UX also desirable
· Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, storage or backup professional certification
· Relevant 3rd Level IT qualifications
· Minimum 5 years experience in similar role
· Project management experience or qualifications desirable
Type: Full time position following 6-month probation and satisfactory review.
Salary Applicable: Very competitive salary and benefits package available, paid holidays, subsistence expenses where applicable.
Other Benefits: Health Cover & Pension Plan