Our client, a global Financial Services company located in the city centre, currently has a job opening for a Mid to Senior Data Scientist. If you are successful in your application to this job, you will be working in a highly funded innovation centre.
Data Scientist’s here are working to solve real world business problems, using cutting edge, Big Data technologies, as well as machine learning and other advanced statistical techniques.
Although not an out and out management role, you will be expected to lead projects and teams, as well as provide mentor-ship to more junior members. As such, this is a good opportunity for those looking to progress their leadership skills while retaining a deeply technical role.
• Utilising data science, statistical modelling & machine learning techniques to provide solutions to the business.
• Managing Data Science projects end to end (idea to solution and everything in between)
• Designing, developing and deploying of data visualisation solutions to provide insights into business problems
• Using data science and exploratory analysis techniques to identify and capitalise on opportunities for cost reduction, revenue enhancement, operational enhancement, business optimisation etc.
• Promoting analytical innovation and collaboration, both within the team, and throughout the wider organisation
Skills & Qualifications:
• Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent qualification/work experience
• Extensive experience in developing complex data science solutions (Machine Learning etc.) is essential.
• Experience working in an Agile development environment is beneficial.
• Experience working with semi-structured and unstructured data sets
• Experience with Python/R is essential and data science tools such as SAS/ IBM Watson etc. is also essential
• Experience with Hadoop, and associated technologies (Hue, HIVE, Spark etc.) is very beneficial and
• Strong ETL skills.
• Experience with data visualisation tools.
If you believe you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this Data Scientist Job, please do not hesitate contact Stephen Waters on 016621000 or click apply.