Our client, a global leader in the financial services space, currently has a job opening for a Data Quality Analyst. Although, the below duties indicate a standard data quality analyst job, this position will eventually lead to working with Machine Learning and Robotic Process Automation. The goal will be to automate much of the data quality processes and increase data accuracy.
For the right Data Quality Analyst this will be a career changing job. You will be working in a highly funded innovation centre on cutting edge techniques.
Initially you will conduct the below duties to gain a full understanding of the company’s data quality landscape, then you will help to implement the above techniques with the goal of improving accuracy and reducing hours spent on Data Quality.
• Single point of contact and leader for all matters related to the quality of data within a certain domain and geography.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the business processes and systems and the data they generate.
• Acquire a deep understanding of the data quality rules and scorecards applicable to the datasets in scope.
• Develop an excellent working relationship with the Data Stewards who are responsible for the data in scope.
• Prepare monthly or weekly quality scorecards and analyse deviations, gaps and trends. Determine the set of data that needs to be investigated and remediated.
• Negotiate with the Data Stewards the priorities for data remediation and monitor its progress thereafter.
• Identify with the Data Stewards the root cause of data issues and investigate potential improvements to the processes or systems. Coordinate these initiatives with other Controllers, Business Analysts and Technology in order to formulate detailed proposals to Data Stewards, management and stakeholders. Monitor and follow up the implementation of improvements that have been approved.
• Maintain the Data Quality database that covers data remediation projects and process or system improvement projects.
• Escalate within the team cases where issues are not being addressed, scenarios where quality is below expectations, and any other issue that prevents achieving the quality targets.
• Work closely with the Data Quality team to improve quality rules, scorecards, or any other aspect of the data quality monitoring process.
• Prepare thorough data quality reports on a monthly basis.
• In a timely manner, answer any ad hoc queries from Data Stewards, management or stakeholders on matters relating to data quality within the scope of the domain and geography.
• Participate in new projects / initiatives as and when the business need arises.
• 2-5 Years relevant experience
• 3rd Level Education, ideally in computer science, math/statistics, data analytics or a similar field.
• Solid understanding of the business domain and of business processes
• Strong technical skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance.
• Advanced knowledge SQL, Excel.
• Experienced QlikView & SharePoint user.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrated exposure and/or interested in Machine Learning or Robotics Process automation.
• Experience and knowledge of Database Design.
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this job, please don’t hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 016621000 or just click apply.