Our client is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior IT Business Systems Analyst for an initial 6 month contract position in the mid-west region. The successful candidate will demonstrate a background/history in software development. The role will not require software development, but a background in software development.
Role & Responsibilities
• Acts as liaison between the business & IT for technical/digital projects; meeting with business partners to determine business and system requirements.
• Works with the business to investigate alternatives presented by our technology partners to ensure the best option is selected by the business.
• Facilitates (or co-facilitates) information gathering sessions with business and/or our technology partners (requirements gathering, helping with cost benefit analysis, etc.)
• Leads gap analyses based on current configuration/functionality versus new requirements.
• Leads and guides project team members to meeting project objectives through successful execution against project scope, schedule and cost.
• Develops and maintains all controlled and system documentation for the supported software portfolio.
• Prepares and communicates project plans and reports; recognizes deviations from scope, schedule & cost and implements remedial actions as required.
• Complies with the IT System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documentation and project management methodology.
• Supports and drives internal IT operational process improvement initiatives.
• Supports a healthy work environment that promotes excellence in customer service, quality, innovative thinking and strong teamwork.
• Supports IT internal portfolio management & reporting.
Skills & Experience
• Computer Science Degree or relevant equivalent
• Knowledge & experience of programming languages & development platforms such as Java, .Net, etc.
• Knowledge and experience of RDBMS such as Oracle, Sql Server, etc.
• Experience of design, develop, enhance & implementing technical solutions to business problems & opportunities.
• Relies on extensive experience & judgment to plan & accomplish goals.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, facilitation & engagement skills both verbal and written
• Project Management – Setting Action Plans, Teamwork & Collaboration, Results-Driven, Customer Focus, Management of Project Costs & Timelines
• Well-organized, manages multiple activities with conflicting deadlines, & has solid priority & time management skills
• Ability to manage the business partner relationships
• Works interdependently - consulting and collaborating with a variety of internal stakeholders
• Flexible self-starter who works well with little supervision and has strong ownership for the work
• Responsive to customer needs, comfortable with ambiguity; is a critical thinker
• Ability to manage a high degree of business interaction & carry the challenge of engaging business & IT personnel
• Proven analytical skills with the ability to apply results of analysis
• Learns quickly and is adaptive to business environments
• Possesses a degree of intellectual curiosity