Millington Pope Executive Search & Selection is exclusively retained by climote to recruit a Technical Team Lead.
climote is changing the way people consume energy
climote brings smart energy control to its customers through an innovative suite of award winning IoT (Internet of Things) products - delivering clean, sustainable energy to the consumer for greater comfort and convenience. Already partnering with some of Europe’s largest utility companies, climote's goal is to deliver ground-breaking technology to millions of homes, disrupting the way people currently use and control their energy.
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer (CTO), the new Technical Team Lead will take responsibility for the successful delivery of exciting new projects as climote rolls out new smart energy products for the Connected Home.
This is an opportunity to be involved from the outset, developing skills in a number of areas, including agile software development, system integration, communications and user experience. Highly motivated, you will lead a small team of technical staff through the development test and trial stages of projects before handing them over for live operation. Your responsibilities will range from project planning through technical ownership and guidance in line with the project needs.
The Technical Team Lead will be a key member of a dynamic small team in a company that encourages people to work on their own initiative while continuing to grow their skills at the cutting-edge of energy technology.
As Technical Team Lead at climote, you will have the opportunity to pioneer, develop and shape climote’s smart energy products for the consumer. You will:
- Deliver new software and system developments to plan.
- Manage the full delivery lifecycle for a given project, from development through to trials and hand-over.
- Lead internal staff and external teams throughout the process, providing clear decision making and guidance at all times.
- Manage issues as they arise, taking the lead in complex problem solving and diagnosis.
- Assign and manage priorities with a clear rationale that will inspire staff to perform.
The role would ideally suit a technology graduate with 7+ year's commercial experience in a product or system development environment.
Possessing the ability to combine the formal and the informal to get things done, you will keep a tight rein on activity and progress.
The following are essential role requirements:
- 7+ year's experience in an active technical team leadership / project management role, preferably involving cloud systems and/or communications integration
- Technology degree, or equivalent
- Working technical knowledge of hardware, software, networking and communications
- Connected systems experience with a good understanding of integrating interconnecting components to deliver a reliable end result
- Experience with one or more on-line project management / task management systems
- Experience of working in both business to business and business to consumer roles
- Excellent communications skills
As Technical Team Lead, you will be a natural leader and a technical all-rounder.
Your career will have a strong hands-on technical management trajectory, moving from developer through senior to team lead and be leading a small team now. You will exhibit a strong sense of self-direction and motivation and will be ambitious for both yourself and the company. You will thrive in a collaborative fast-paced environment and value a strong customer experience culture.
As Team Lead you will have:
- Experience with Agile development methods.
- An ability to manage people to deliver projects.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, to communicate with colleagues and customers.
- Positive attitude, with strong emphasis on being a team player.
- Commitment to quality and customer experience.
The role of Technical Team Lead will be supported by a company with proven delivery capability, strong financial backing and robust scaling capacity.
climote is an equal opportunities employer, family friendly and committed to diversity in their workforce. climote is dedicated to a transparent and robust recruitment process. The final decision will be based solely on merit. Canvassing will automatically disqualify candidates. Applications are invited from suitably qualified female and male candidates.
Closing date: 30th July 2017