Origina are inviting applications for experienced IT Support Engineers to join our team headquartered in Sandyford. Origina is a global provider of third party software and hardware maintenance with the successful candidate getting exposure to a wide variety of technologies and servicing the needs of our valued customers. This is a permanent position at our offices in Sandyford with very attractive career progression options for the right candidate.
The calibre of candidate we are looking for:
· A driven individual who has a passion for technology and likes working in a customer facing environment dealing resolving IT support issues.
· A self-motivator who is not afraid of assuming additional responsibilities and a desire to constantly learn and develop their skills.
· A creative individual who likes to think outside of the box when it comes to solving challenging problems and who can still see the “bigger” picture during times of increased pressure.
The role will involve the following:
· Provide world-class troubleshooting and technical support for all end users and clients.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels across the business.
· Providing remote technical support for a variety of technologies including IBM iSeries, pSeries, Wintel, SANs, Networking, VMware, Windows, Unix, Linux etc.
· Fielding all inbound support queries as part of the L1 support team, capturing the required level of detail and managing the escalation of the call to our L2 teams until closure.
· Interacting and managing 3rd party individuals and organisations.
· Software / Hardware troubleshooting and support.
· Develop and manage existing support documentation.
· Ensure that customer satisfaction is maximised when handling support incidents – proactively supporting the customer while keeping them up to date through the lifecycle of the support incident.
· Ensure that all Service Level Agreements with our customers are adhered to.
· Actively learn and develop individual skills and abilities with the support of the senior technical team.
· Providing out of hours pager cover on a rota basis
· Candidates with a solid track-record in supporting end-users and clients
· Fluent English speaker and right to live/work in Ireland.
· Excellent organisational skills, including ability to proioritrse workload to meet deadlines.
· Relable, confident and articulate.
· Exception interpersonal ability.
· Strong work ethic.
· Excellent customer facing skills
· Ability to work both as an individual and as part of a team.
· Excellent time management and verbal/written communication skills.
· Ideally, 2 years minimum working in a technical support role
· Prior experience in a customer-facing role.
· IT related certifications (i.e. MCSA, Comptia, CCNA etc)
Type: Full time position following 6-month probation and satisfactory review.
Salary Applicable: €24,000 - €28,000 per annum, paid holidays, subsistence expenses where applicable. Out-of-house Pager cover paid in addition.
Other Benefits: Health Cover & Pension Plan