Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you.
BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick. BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health.
As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius.
You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
Be the Difference in IT Engineering
BD is looking for a highly talented IT Engineer with a passion for delivering network IT solutions supporting the patient care continuum. You are self-motivated, innovative and confident in developing differentiating solutions. You are a strong team member and collaborate effectively with your project team to achieve high quality products within the scheduled work.
Be the IT Engineer
- Apply your IT Networking engineering skills to create and maintain various Microsoft Operating System images for use on BD Products
- Qualify, test and document new hardware to handle obsolescence.
- Be capable of setting up and maintaining a private LAN including physical wiring, switch configuration and appropriate security controls.
- Document and update R&D infrastructure topologies
- Support Microsoft Servers and virtual server environments running VMWare and Hyper-V
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information System Engineering, Telecommunications or other related scientific or technical discipline is required.
- Minimum of 5 year industry experience maintaining and configuring PCs, servers and networks for Microsoft server operating systems.
- Experience with and proficiency in:
- IIS Configuration
- Operating System deployment technologies such as MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit) and/or ImageX
- Additionally, experience with the following is an advantage
- Virtual machine (VMWare and Hyper-X) setup and deployment
- Software application test environments and software tools
- Cyber security best practices including network security, virus protection and data encryption
- MS SQL configuration
- Azure Cloud
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in solving problems
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Excellent diagnostic skills
The BD Difference
BD, founded in 1897, is a global medical technology company with over 40,000 associates in over 100 countries. We create specialized devices, solutions and systems to address many of the world’s most pressing healthcare needs. We operate under a single purpose: “to advance the world of health”.
We have been a strong employer presence in Ireland for over 50 years. Join us and be our newest team member making the difference!