HP|konnect have a new opportunity for a Back End / PHP Developer to join busy successful Digital Agency based in Central London.
The role of Back End / PHP Developer will be joining a multi-talented in-house development team, and as Back End / PHP Developer, you will be responsible for working on both current and up and coming projects for trendy startups and household names alike.
The company works the full life-cycle in house. They are an award winning Digital Agency and have a range of great brands as clients. The environment is fun, dynamic and fast paced.
Relaxed working environment and offers excellent career growth. There are frequent social gatherings (weekly), Childcare vouchers, Good company pension scheme.
• To work as part of a multi skilled development team
• To work from an initial brief and architect the back-end from scratch
• To work on single and multiple projects using Symfony
• To collaborate with the internal team to make sure the projects are defined and completed to deadlines
• To work with PHP5/7
• To work with relational databases (mostly MySQL)
• Keeping up to date with all the latest backend tools and technologies
• To critique and test your own and others code
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Able to work on own initiative and lead if and when necessary
• Solving any issues promptly and efficiently
• Communicating needs and requirements effectively
• 3-4 years’ experience working with PHP
• Strong demonstrable skills with Symfony is essential along with a similar MVC frameworks
• Experience in architecting RESTful APIs
• Experience with unit testing (PHPUnit)
• Experience with using an ORM
• Knowledge of design and architectural patterns
• Knowledge of a VCS (Git)
• Knowledge of hosting infrastructure and services (such as AWS) would be beneficial
• Knowledge of Linux server administration would be beneficial
• Any front end knowledge would be beneficial
• Computer Science degree or equivalent is preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Passion for the job
There is no sponsorship available for this role therefore all applicants must have the right to live and work in the uk.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by clicking the button below…better yet, if you have 2mins to complete our “Pre-Screen Survey” please do so, it will save a lot of your time in the process :)
A lot of candidates we speak to hate repeating themselves to recruiters, over and over again, saying the same info. However, us recruiters need your information to make an informed decision as to whether the job opportunity is right for you – we have come up with a solution to eliminate this.
Don’t worry, your information is safe with us. We will never share your data with any third party without your full prior written permission. Alternatively, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch soon. Thank you.