IT Job – Embedded Software Engineer – 6 month contract, €250 - €550 per day based on experience, onsite situated in Dublin15.
Our client is a global Pharmaceutical company who is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer. You will be responsible for architecture, design, project planning, and design/development coordination activities for software projects.
• New Product legacy development, design and architecture 50%
• New Product and legacy development project management activities 10%
• Sustaining engineering support and manufacturing transition project activities 20%
• Coordination and management of engineering design control documents 10%
• Management of external development/engineering partnerships 10%
• Support internal/external design and evaluations that support the development of new instruments, sensors, technologies and complete functional systems including manufacturing process
• Develop and own product technology strategy, assist in creating product development and top level product documentation to meet product development goals
• Develop/implement design characterization or design verification strategy for efficient complete /robust testing through report completion and anomaly resolution or independently perform tolerance, or other design analysis by extending or adapting existing methodologies.
• Lead the establishment of design requirements from VOC and translate into objective and meaningful lower level engineering requirements including those of a complex or difficult nature.
• Responsible for developing and performing verification and validation planning and execution activities to clearly defined acceptance criteria.
• Assist with conformance to design control policies to ensure product quality through technical review of work product of other team members and projects.
• Provide technical leadership and is a recognized company expert on technical aspects of internal and external products and systems
• Must be fluent in C, C++, Python, assembly code, Java, Visual Basic, Windows XP embedded, and embedded Linux systems. User-interface development experience.
• Experience in architecture, design and development of complex sophisticated software-controlled electromechanical medical devices. Experience in inter-processor and device communication.
• Understanding of hardware specifications and schematics. Experience in troubleshooting Electronic PCBs using scope and logic analyzers.
• Experience in performing verification and validation planning and execution activities to clearly defined acceptance criteria.
• BS in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent technical degree with 5+ years of applicable industry experience is required or a MS with 3+ years of applicable industry experience is required. Strong background and experience in medical device design through launch of complex software controlled medical devices, would be a bonus
If you are interested, please click apply now or call Angela O’Donnell on 01 662 1000 for more information. Thank you.