My client provides an industry-leading digital travel platform and product to its customers. Due to expansion, they are seeking a strong technical team lead to Lead a focused team of experienced server & mobile developers, testers and designers and responsible for the end to end delivery of next generation of mobile applications.
Working closely alongside internal teams including other Team Leads, Architecture, QA, UX, DevOps, Product Management, Project and Account Management.
They use a variety of leading edge mobile and open source technology, see below some of these technologies:
• Java 8, Groovy
• RESTful microservices (Spring Boot, Spring Data etc.)
• Node.js, NoSQL (MongoDB), SQL, AMQP (RabbitMQ)
• Apache Camel
• AWS, Ansible, CI (Jenkins, Gradle)
• Automated QA (Cucumber, Calabash, Selenium)
• Native iOS (Swift + Objective-C)
• Native Android (Java + Kotlin) and much more
In this role you’ll wear many hats, from coach to mentor, excellence champion to developer and be a technical leader, see below the split:
• Ensure your team consistently deliver to high quality standards. Facilitate code reviews and pair programming, instil quality with every commit
• Act as technical advocate for mobile solutions, internally and with external clients
• Collaborate with our Architecture and other development teams to review solutions developed – making sure they fit into the product strategy
• Gain a deep technical understanding of the company’s mobile products and impart this across teams
• Ensure technical bottlenecks are resolved and sprint goals are efficiently met
• Adopt lessons learned from sprint retrospectives, focus on continual improvement
• Work with Project Management and Product Management teams on delivery planning
• Provide input into hiring e.g. reviewing technical tests, conducting interviews etc.
• Line Management
• You will line manage 4-6 suitable engineers which involves setting and evaluating goals, conducting performance reviews and training plans.
• Identify skill gaps and training needs, driving technical innovation and learning within the scrum team
• Provide technical insights to the team on relevant emerging technologies. Contribute actively to internal knowledge sharing forums.
• Develop code with team when needed
• Be the “go to” person for any of your team’s development /technical queries
• Work with QA to achieve high test coverage standards
• Manage specific refactoring tasks throughout project phases
Skills and Experience
• Deep expertise in writing and deploying scalable and robust code, preferably with strong Java, native mobile, or web experience
• Previous experience leading development teams at all levels
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English with the ability to talk in technical and non-technical terms depending on the audience, including directly with customers and senior management
• Previous experience in an Agile (Scrum) environment essential with strong release management
• Familiarity with design patterns
• Ability to inspire and motivate, to improve quality and productivity, maintaining technical innovation and excellence
• Proven ability to analyse, assess and make informed technical decision fast
• Proven ability to prioritise, track and handle multiple responsibilities. Have worked in a fast paced, technically progressive software/IT environment
• BSc in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
• Discipline of working with TDD/CI processes
If you are interested in the Technical Team Lead role, please click on apply now or contact Ian Donnelly on 016621000