My client is a global insurance provider with offices based in south Dublin. They currently have a requirement for a Security Network Engineer. This role will require to manage and maintain the day to day security and system change lifecycle of our critical security devices and tools. This includes Firewalls, Remote Access VPN, IDS/IPS, Web Proxy and other security devices.
Duties will include:
• Reporting to the Regional Security Network Operations Manager, and maintain the configuration/ availability and system life cycle of all key perimeter/internal security devices in region. Respond to incident escalation requirements from security tools and support SOC functions in region
• The following are some of the duties required but are not definitive:
• Firewall policy maintenance
• Assists coordination and implementation of security services across Group.
• Firewall base line security
• Monitoring and response device health
• Maintain and manage remote access
• IDS/IPS management
• Web Proxy management
• Provide proactive fault management and vendor engagement
• Perimeter Hygiene
• Operate and maintain security tools within the Security Response responsibility
• 3-5 years professional experience managing enterprise Firewall/Security environments
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field is preferred but not required
• Vendor specific certifications are preferred, but not required, including: Qualified Palo Alto Management to PCNSE6
• Qualified CISCO ASA Firewall Management to CCNP standard
• Knowledge managing IDS/IPS systems
• Knowledge managing CISCO ScanSafe Proxy
• In depth knowledge of Network Security Architecture
• ITIL v3 preferable but not essential
• Good team player, and excellent communication skills.
• Self-starter who can lead major initiatives and mentor less experienced teammates.
• Good understanding of IT Security practices, methodologies, tools mechanisms and trends.
• To be able to communicate and write high quality reports in English.
• Strong integrity and highly ethical
• PCNSE6 or CCNP
• Experience with administering, troubleshooting and configuring / implementation (Palo AltoJuniper/CISCO/Checkpoint) firewalls
• Network/ Design experience
• Software Experience – Windows OS/ Junos/ScreenOS/IOS/ Linux
• ISS/Cisco IDS/IPS experience
• Good understanding of security operations and technologies.
• Experience with Security Assessments
• May requires occasional travel to the business division headquarters, corporate centre, and across region (depending on role location) or conference locations; travel will typically not exceed 5%.
If you are interested in the Network security engineer, please click on apply now or contact Ian Donnelly on 016621000