Senior Technical Engineer (level 3) - South East
My client, one of Ireland's leading IT services providers are currently seeking to hire an experienced individual to join their ever-expanding IT team as a Senior Technical Engineer. Your main responsibility will be to deal with escalations within the tech services team and act as a senior point of information.
Although this will be predominantly based onsite, remote working and flexible working hours are on available.
A company vehicle will be provided, full paid training is supported,
You will be responsible for dealing with and solving the clients requests. Elements of this job will require you to work in high pressure situations associated both onsite and in the field. You will require excellent personal skills and have a fine attention to detail.
You will also be constantly overviewing the IT infrastructure of each client and reviewing their needs to include servers, storage, security, backups, switches & software.
What you need:
* Strong English communication skills =
* 4-5 years' experience in a similar IT position
* Windows server 2003/2008/2012/2016
* Strong understanding of Active Directory
* Good knowledge of firewalls, routers, VPN's, LAN, WAN, IP routing and other networking technologies
* IT Security / cyber security seen as an advantage
* Excellent technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to design, implement and deploy client solutions
* Understanding of Microsoft Virtualisation & Cloud technologies
* Remain at the forefront of emerging technologies and industry best practice
* Full Driver's license
* Relevant computer degree seen as an advantage
* Microsoft accreditations are a distinct advantage (MCSA, MCSE, MSCD)
This is an excellent permanent opportunity for a senior technical engineer to join a well established company based in the South of Ireland. If you are a motivated individual looking to join an expanding IT Team, we would like to hear from you.
If you are interested in the senior technical engineering role, please contact John James Baird at Reperio Human Capital on 01525 3404 or apply online.
Keywords - Ireland, Technical Engineer, Windows, Servers, Storage, Security, Backups, Software, Active Directory, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, VPN, LAN, WAN, IP Routing, Networking, MCSA, MCSE, Exchange, VMWare
Reperio Human Capital Limited acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.