Data Center Engineering Operations Technician
Our client - a GLOBAL market leader is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented individual to join their Data Center Engineering Operations Team in Stockholm, Sweden. This committed group works to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports the business. The Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) is responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center.
EOT's are the company's front line responders for hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchgear, UPS's, PDU's, AHU's, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFD's, and building automation systems. This role is NOT for people who like taking it easy!
Key responsibilities for the role:
* Operate and maintain mechanical and electrical equipment
* Troubleshooting of facility and rack-level events within internal SLA
* Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work
* Able to work a 12 hour shift (rotating 3 to 4 day work weeks)
* Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment
* Utilize internal CMMS to manage building workflows
* Walk job sites in uneven terrain and work at heights and from ladders.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 50 pounds or more.
* Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
* Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
* Push or pull heavy objects into position
* Work in a noisy environment
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV and a cover letter today by clicking on the APPLY button below and we will get back to suitable candidates within 2 working days!
For more information please contact Skai Morkeliunaite at