The Difference of One
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you.
BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick.
BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius.
You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
Be the Difference in Software Engineering
BD is looking for a highly talented Software Engineer with a passion for delivering software products supporting the patient care continuum. You are self-motivated, innovative and confident in developing differentiating solutions. You are a strong team member and collaborate effectively with your project team to achieve a high quality products within the scheduled work. You are experienced in full software development lifecycle and adherence to a quality management system.
Be the Software Engineer (Instruments)
- Apply your software engineering prowess to development of complex electro/mechanical instruments.
- Innovate at all levels of our products, from instrument control, management and performance to new instrument applications and product security, all in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Be capable of working independently to specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components; also presenting/participating in design reviews and code inspections
- Translate requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components; anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risks, and develop automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
- Adhere to all BD Life Sciences development policies and software quality procedure
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related engineering field with relevant experience in software development.
- A strong understanding of software design and systems & architecture concepts and their application in a professional environment within a software team structure.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
- Experience with and proficiency in:
- C++ Development
- Networking fundamentals
- C#, ASP.Net MVC development
- Database interfacing - OLEDB, Entity Framework and Nhiberate
- Additionally, experience with the following is an advantage
- Experience with electro/opto-mechanical instrumentation development
- Experience with software build and release process
- Interfaces to Laboratory Information Systems such as HL7 or ASTM
- Real-time operating system concepts
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and debug complex software systems
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus
The BD Difference
BD, founded in 1897, is a global medical technology company with over 40,000 associates in over 100 countries. We create specialized devices, solutions and systems to address many of the world’s most pressing healthcare needs. We operate under a single purpose: “to advance the world of health”.
We have been a strong employer presence in Ireland for over 50 years. Join us and be our newest team member making the difference!