Senior Network Architect required for well-known Irish multinational based in City West. The Senior Network Architect will provide technical expertise, strategic planning and recommendations to executive management for new technologies and network applications in response to business needs.
· Manage key vendors relationships to ensure voice and data services are delivered to agreed SLA's
· Working with internal & external partners evaluate and design solutions for business and customer requirements which will integrate with and enhance the voice and data network.
· Evaluate alternative technologies and architectures.
· Design and manage the rollout of critical network infrastructures
· Perform analytical, technical, cost analysis and CAPEX development work in the planning, design, installation and on-going administration and management of core data networks.
· 3rd level degree with 5+ years experience in a telecommunications service provider network or Global Enterprise WAN environment
· Strong experience in vendor management in a managed service environment
· In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN support and engineering design for voice, data and video networks
· Thorough understanding of modern service provider TCP/IP data networks using standards and technologies including but not limited to: MPLS, OSPF, BGP, 802.1x
· Knowledge, skills and experience with Cisco routing hardware, software, protocols
· Knowledge of best practices with Telephony Switch networks Mobile and fixed line Voice technologies.
· Strong working knowledge of structured cabling systems, network facilities, electrical, UPS
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Experience working within ITIL compliant environments