A swords based in global retail gaming and ecommerce organisation are currently seeking a cyber security engineer to join their growing team.
The duties associated with this role, are maintaining and improving IT security standards within the business. This will require liaising with multiple International regions/departments and fulfilling business requirements in a secure manner. Knowledge of common and emerging attack trends is essential for this role, along with an understanding of mitigation techniques to reduce the organisational risk to such threats.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Application penetration testing – review and access various applications
• Continuous security assessments – Conducting assessments and various environments and platforms
• Cloud technical skills, AWS and Azure – monitoring and improving the security posture on various platforms
• Scripting – Powershell, BASH, Python – providing integration and automating tasks
• Incident response – capable of leading incidents on a technical level and performing forensics.
• Data Analysis – Review large log sources and parse for specific data, configure additional alerting if and when required
• Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; develop appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Understanding of cyber-attacks such as SQL injections, DDOS techniques, memory scraping, XSF/XSS, DHCP spoofing ARP poisoning, phishing/spear-phishing/whaling
• Work collaboratively with other functions/departments to achieve goals, simplify processes, reduce costs, prevent loss, and ensure that work is completed safely, accurately, and on time
• Develop and maintain security as code scripts that automate security controls in the cloud environment
• Proficient understanding of access control and authentication infrastructure with particular emphasis on Microsoft .NET, LDAP, PKI, RADIUS/Tacacs+ and two-factor authentication
• Logging – design/implementation of enterprise logging, SIEM.
• Support a 24x7 global enterprise environment.
• Stay abreast of emerging trends and best practices within the community of network and security professionals.
• Adopt and adhere to current IT & security policies, standards, guidelines and processes
• Model the high level of customer service expected of all associates including, but not limited to, responding to voice mails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as committed, responding to others’ feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate.
• Ad hoc duties as required.
• Bachelor of Science (or academic equivalent) preferred, degree with an accredited program in general information systems, information technology, IT network and security, or comparable field of study is preferred.
• 4+ years’ experience in IT engineering required — experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting security monitoring and tools required environments preferred.
• Proficient understanding of security tools and techniques, including performing internal and external network vulnerability assessments and penetration tests, malware detection and forensic investigation.
• Good knowledge of IDS/IPS tools, MFA, AV tools and incident response
• Linux/Unix and MS server environments
• Competence in cryptography common protocols and PKI environments
• Proficient understanding of Cisco products including firewall, VPN Concentrators, switches, and routers
• Firewall experience Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, and Fortinet
• There is up to 25% travel with this role, to Europe and the US.
If you are interested in the Cyber security engineer role, please contact Ian Donnelly on 016621000