IT Jobs: A fantastic opportunity with a leading financial institution based in Dublin city. This organisation is very innovative that invest in leading edge tech. They are seeking a senior network and voice engineer to join their team.
Senior Network and Voice Engineer will be responsible for all computer network planning, administration and operations activities, and perform a variety of complex professional and technical duties related to the installation and maintenance of the global computer network and communications hardware and software systems including routers, Firewall, LAN, WAN, DMVPN and phone systems. The network engineer will have some responsibility for the configuration and installation of network and internet security.
• Plans, administers and supervises all computer network functions for the company. Ensures the MAN is operating at maximum efficiency with proper security. This also includes DMVPN and telecommunications connections associated with Cisco Routers as well as Ethernet and fiber optic connectivity.
• Serve as global network engineering team liaison to the information security team.
• Deploy and maintains Cisco and Palo Alto firewalls, cryptography systems, and all network host security activities.
• Responsible for wireless connectivity for the company.
• Cisco Wireless LAN Controller and Lightweight Access Points
• Cisco Identity Services Engine
• Responsible for maintaining comprehensive documentation describing the MAN, LAN or WAN layouts.
• Assists with the acquisition and installation of new network hardware.
• Maintain business continuity environment in Amazon Web Services.
• Maintain global Cisco Access Control Server infrastructure.
• Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
Work Experience and Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field plus six (10) years of computer experience working with networking infrastructure and WAN networks OR any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Flexible work schedules, occasional evening and weekend work
• Occasional visits to our datacenters globally
• Some manual handling required
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of LAN and WAN topologies and architecture, including Multi VLAN architecture.
• Must be able to construct, operate and maintain LAN and WAN Networks.
• A complete knowledge of Ethernet topology interfacing with network IP phone systems.
• Must be able to research and solve associated problems.
• A complete knowledge of network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls and associated equipment and how to construct and maintain networks
• Understands, installs and configures network equipment utilizing varied protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, EIGRP and OSPF.
• Must have a working knowledge of IP telephony and QoS service implementation for network based phone systems.
• Develop effective working relationships with customers, co-workers and management.
• Ability to make contact with other departments, requiring tact and judgment to avoid friction; frequent contact with executives on matters requiring explanations and discussions; frequent contacts involving the carrying out of programs and schedules; regular and frequent outside contact with persons of high rank requiring tact and judgment; requires well developed sense of strategy and timing.
If you interested in the Senior Network and Voice Engineer role, please contact Ian Donnelly on 016621000