Brightwater IT Jobs Dublin: Our client are a leading insurance company based in Dublin 2. They have an immediate requirement for a Project Manager to help implement a new administration system across western and central Europe. The successful candidate will lead and manage the end to end project delivery from project initiation, vendor selection, and implementation through to the post-implementation and benefits realisation reviews.
Principal Accountabilities of Position:
• Responsible for the successful end to end delivery of the project as per change governance methodology.
• The management & the coordination of key project activities across the project life cycle
• Project planning & estimation
• Resource management
• Project scope
• Requirement documentation
• Project documentation
• Project status reporting
• Project risk management,
• Project communication
• Change management
• Post-implementation audit reviews
• Provide regular reporting to applicable managers, executive team, vendor and external parties as required.
• Audit, monitor and lead correction process (if required) to ensure project and resource data is maintained consistently in accordance with standards and methodologies.
• Escalate issues in an appropriate, timely, and tactful manner.
• Actively participate in resolution of issues and conflicts, internally as well as with clients and vendors where appropriate.
• Provide leadership to the project implementation team.
• Possess strong IT skills and business acumen.
• Be able to understand customer requirements and relate these back to the project delivery team or software development team where appropriate.
• Maintain project artefacts throughout the project lifecycle
• Identify & manage stakeholders (internal & external)
Candidate must have extensive experience of project delivery with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience. This must be within a Financial Services environment and ideally with prior systems implementation or migration experience.
The candidate should also possess the following skills and experience and be able to demonstrate/substantiate them at interview:
• Proven track record of successfully leading cross functional projects
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), especially with regards to providing information to Senior Management and vendors.
• Customer facing experience - taking meetings with customers, providing input to resolve any issues, and driving any actions to completion.
• Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure
• Uses data and analysis to make decisions and to influence others
• Drives & manages change using influencing skills
• Project Management qualification
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a large scale project in a high profile company. For further information please contact Derek Smyth at 6621000 or simply submit your CV through the link.