Development Engineering Manager - reporting directly to CEO, the Development Engineering Manager will have full responsibility for the strategic planning and development of the product range – including Software, Hardware and Firmware. This is a senior management role and is critical to the future growth of the company.
• Manage and coordinate all engineering activities, both locally and remotely.
• Manage recruitment for engineering roles, including university internship programme.
• Performance reviews with each member of the engineering team, identifying strengths and areas of high performance, ensuring clear goals are identified and highlighting areas for improvement.
• Lead technical strategy and roadmap planning, for both long and short term engineering efforts.
• Manage the communications between the Engineering and Marketing/Sales teams ensuring effective communication, coordination of activities & goals, and consistency in the information being provided to customers.
• Manage the communications contact for items related to operations, logistics, quality control, and engineering.
• Provide focus and direction to the Engineering Team.
• Own and develop the Technology Roadmap.
• Develop realistic project scope and statement of work agreements for engineering contract services.
• Attend trade shows and conferences to promote the company and it's products among research and enterprise communities and to keep informed of the latest developments in the relevant industries and research fields.
• Liaise with academic partners to collaborate on research and commercialisation projects.
• Support Marketing/Sales teams in providing pre-sales technical information to prospective enterprise customers.
• A Relevant Technical Engineering Degree eg. Electronics Engineering\Software Engineering
• Minimum of 10 years experience working in Electronic/R&D product development role
• Excellent people management skills
• Experience in a strategic role
• Experience in customer communication and engagement
• Proven ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
• Experience in managing a global team of Software developers.
• The ability to motivate and mobilise teams.
• Good team player with proven leadership ability
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Confident, articulate, self-motivated, determined, energetic
• Availability for international travel
• Already Authorised to work in Ireland
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence