A top-ranked global fund administrator and our industry’s recognized leader in technology is seeking a Logical Access Analyst to work within the Information Security team. This role is based in Dublin, however reports into the New York office.
This is a 100% hands on operational position consisting of a high volume of provisioning requests within various applications and systems. This is a highly visible and critical role that directly supports various global business units. The ideal candidate will have a strong focus on high touch customer service and will be responsible to assist in follow-up activity, ensuring that all business area attestations are timely and accurate. The success of everyone is measured by their ability to put our customers at the centre of their day. To do that in this role, you’ll need a thorough understanding of provisioning within Active Directory and knowledge of systems security. As well as proficiency in performing correlation analysis and entitlement granting activity, you'll be a 'self-starter' who assumes ownership of initiatives and has the ability to deliver high-quality work to demanding clients, within very tight timescales.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Responsible for configuring vulnerability assessment tools, as well as performing internal and external vulnerability scans as well as penetration, researching and analysing vulnerabilities, identifying relevant threats, corrective action recommendations, summarizing and reporting results.
• Perform well controlled vulnerability exploitation/penetration testing on applications, network protocols, and databases
• Analyse penetration test results and engage with technology partners and business units in order to resolve identified vulnerabilities within SLAs.
• Approaches for addressing vulnerabilities include system patching and security review process.
• Identify and resolve any false positive findings in assessment results.
• Monitoring vulnerability data, especially data from vendors that are critical to keeping the business running;
• Threat modelling to underscore which threats pose the most risk to business services
• Mitigation processes to prioritize and remediate vulnerabilities across the environment.
• Create metrics and reporting on the state of the organisations security stack, threat, vulnerability and patch management.
• Work with PMO to manage tracking and remediation of vulnerabilities by leveraging agreed-upon action plans and timelines with responsible technology developers and support teams.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Ability to perform vulnerability assessments and penetration testing using manual testing techniques, scripts, commercial and open source tools
• Technical network (e.g. CCNA, CCNP Security) and security certifications highly desirable (e.g. CISA, CISSP, GCIH).
• Understanding of controls (e.g. access control, authentication, encryption, integrity, and application security).
• Must be well versed in operating systems such as Linux as well as Windows environments, Active Directory, VPN systems, encryption schemas and algorithms, various authorization and authentication mechanisms/software, network monitoring and sniffing, TCP/IP networks and vulnerability and threat management tools (including network based scanners).
• Must possess excellent communication skills (written, verbal). Should be able to work with technical and non-technical individuals alike.
• Ability to mentor other employees to improve their skills and effectiveness.
• Ability to design, resource, status, and complete projects on time and on budget independently, with minimal supervision.
If you are interested in the Network Security Engineer role, please click on the apply now button or contact Ian Donnelly on 016621000