Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you. BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick.
BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius.
You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
Be the Difference in Software Test Engineering
BD’s Life Sciences Development organization is responsible for the Design and Development of World Class in vitro Diagnostics Instruments, Lab Automation Systems and Informatics Solutions. BD is looking for a highly motivated and results focused Senior Test Engineer to support product development/maintenance with verification and validation to test and qualify products and solutions.
Be the Senior Software Test Engineer
- Collaborate with project teams (local and remote) to derive requirements, specifications and provide schedule and resource estimations
- Understand requirements, design and implementation level details of the product under test
- Assign tasks based on skillsets and bandwidths to test team members and review test progress
- Write and review test plan, test cases, test summary report, and other test documents as needed
- Participate in hands-on creation and execution of test cases
- Support software and systems engineering teams with trouble shooting, characterization and validation activities for prototypes and sub-systems
- Support sustaining activities
- Engage in continuous improvement of test process and practice enhancement
- BS in CS, or equivalent plus minimum of 5 years of software testing experience
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies in software development is expected
- Experience of leading one or more test engineers is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn, introduce and improve new and existing test practice and process
- Effectiveness of understanding and communicating technical information and ability to translate information between technical and business languages
- Experience with complete software product development life cycle from concept to final release is expected
- Strong organizational skills of working with cross-functional teams in defining project requirements is expected
- Test automation experience is a big plus
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Ability to clearly and precisely communicate with management and remote team members
- Strong focus on customer experience and product quality
- Familiarity with FDA regulations for medical instruments, ISO 14971, IEC 62304 standards is a plus
- Additionally, experience with automation test development in Visual Studio, Selenium or TestComplete would be an advantage
The BD Difference
BD, founded in 1897, is a global medical technology company with over 40,000 associates in over 100 countries. We create specialized devices, solutions and systems to address many of the world’s most pressing healthcare needs. We operate under a single purpose: “to advance the world of health”.
We have been a strong employer presence in Ireland for the last 53 years. Join us and be our newest team member making the difference!