The Difference of One
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you. BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick.
BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius.
You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
Be the Difference in Software Test Engineering
BD is looking for a highly talented Software Test Engineer with a passion for designing, developing and executing system and software test procedures. You will capture detailed system and software specifications, evaluate and apply engineering principles to fulfil project objectives. As part of an expanding team you will have excellent opportunities to broaden your knowledge and develop your career within a Global business.
Be the Software Test Engineer
- Work under test lead to provide test estimate
- Understand requirements to be tested
- Complete tasks assigned and ensure the schedule is met
- Write, review, and execute test cases and other test documents as needed
- Support software and systems engineering teams with trouble shooting, characterization and validation activities for prototypes and sub-systems
- Support sustaining activities
- Engage in continuous improvement of test process and practice enhancement
- BS in CS, or equivalent plus minimum of 2 years of software testing experience
- Knowledge or experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies in software development is expected
- Ability to learn, introduce and improve new and existing test practice and process
- Effectiveness of communicating technical information within or across the team
- Experience with complete software product development life cycle from concept to final release is plus
- Test automation experience is a big plus
- Writing and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Ability to communicate with team lead and team members
- Strong focus on customer experience and product quality
- Familiarity with FDA regulations for medical instruments is a plus
- Additionally, experience with automation test development in Visual Studio, Selenium or TestComplete would be an advantage.
The BD Difference
BD, founded in 1897, is a global medical technology company with over 40,000 associates in over 100 countries. We create specialized devices, solutions and systems to address many of the world’s most pressing healthcare needs. We operate under a single purpose: “to advance the world of health”.
We have been a strong employer presence in Ireland for the last 53 years. Join us and be our newest team member making the difference!