Our client is a Dublin based global financial services firm with a significant technology presence in Dublin. This role sits within their Data Innovation Lab. It is a senior position and requires strong Big Data skills, Data Modelling skills and experience working within a financial regulatory environment. There are significant global projects that this role will be involved with in the coming years.
The role comes with an excellent package and great career development prospects.
With business in all continents, the application environment is complex and the handling of its data requires highly skilled staff. The creation of an overarching Chief Data Office (CDO) within the company and the role of a Chief Data Architect (CDA) for each division underlines the importance of data.
We are looking for a Data Architect with Business knowledge on financial services and hands-on experience with various financial industry standards and data strategy/analysis. The candidate will represent the division on site and intensively cooperate with the DataLab in Dublin. The successful candidate should be self-motivated and passionate about data and digital.
The position comprises within the Data architecture team:
• Cooperation with the DataLab team in all kinds of data mining and project activities.
• Link into Chief Data Office team and the Chief Data Architect.
• Subject matter expert for cross divisional important projects in relation to data architectural issues and data mining activities to facilitate analysis tasks.
• Data analysis of existing systems in relation to Reference Data Services (RDS).
• Development of a data strategy and a conceptual data model.
• Support regarding data delivery for the introduction of a golden source for parties, products, instruments and common reference data
• Coordination and support of groups in the business, who need data architectural help
• Cooperation with the reference data manager who links into the bank wide Reference Data Services programme
• Data oriented tasks for the adoption of all systems across locations to RDS.
Professional and personal qualifications:
• University degree in IT or Banking or multi-year experience in financial services or IT industry
• Previous experiences in following activities: data modelling, business intelligence, analytics, canonical data model definition, data governance, data integration, data migration, etc.,
• Software Development and database implementation are a plus,
• ideally familiar with database design tools like Power Designer
• Understand business use cases and define data domains that will structure multidimensional modelling
• Knowledge of workflows, systems and applications within a complex environment
• Basic understanding of Transaction Banking and Corporate Finance products,
• knowledge in Core Banking SW
• Good MS Office products knowledge (MS-Access, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint), ideally skills in relational databases (Oracle) and BIG databases (Hadoop)
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work in an international environment
• Good communication skills
• Native English speaker or very good English language skills
• Creative and proactive, ability to work under pressure
• Self-motivated, team player, service and customer focus
To apply for the Data Architect (VP) Financial Services role please click on the apply now button or contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.