Test Lead Engineer
International award winning software Company within the Financial software sector are seeking to hire a Software Test Lead for their Dublin office.
The Software Test Lead role is responsible for planning and conducting a range of testing functions to ensure that projects meet organisational standards and user requirements. The Test Lead will work within the newly established Testing Function in Dublin working with Product Management to translate product goals into an effective project testing approach.
• Work with the development and product teams to understand the functional requirements of projects
• Influence the project design with input on testability and performance
• Design and execute test plans, scenarios and scripts
Work with the Product Team to determine the appropriate test strategy for features
• Develop a test approach that facilitates early bug detection
• Monitor bug resolution efforts
• Define an automated testing strategy
• Proactively manage test phase entrance and exit criteria
• Provide feedback and recommendations to Product and Development teams on software usability and functionality
• Work collaboratively with the Software Factory to develop regression test strategies
• Work collaboratively with other testing teams to understand cross functional impacts of developments and incorporate impacts in the test approach.
• Plan test schedules in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 3-5 years Project Test Lead Experience
- Hands on Automated Test tool experience - e.g. Fitnesse
- Working knowledge of financial markets would be advantageous
- Ability to prioritize tasks, to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Ability to work on both short-term and long-term projects simultaneously
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements
- The ability to work independently and in small teams, partner effectively cross-group, and manage multiple priorities and deliverables concurrently
- Display personal commitment, effort, motivation and initiative in all aspects of work
- Good design and testing skills, passion for quality and attention to details
- Experience working in Agile Teams
- Willingness to display flexibility in a fast-paced, ever-changing working environment is essential.
- Some travel required