Ammeon is a services and solutions partner that helps organisations grasp the opportunities presented by emerging technologies and maintain that leading edge. Our end-to-end set of consulting, learning and technology services and solutions enables our customers to derive value from DevOps, Cloud and related fields. We believe the future should never leave our customers behind and we are committed to realising this vision. If this sounds good to you – join us.
About the role:
The Applications consultant will provide support and guidance to customers migrating applications to OpenShift PaaS platform.
With this role, you will have the opportunity to work remotely or from our office based in Reading, UK when not on a customer site. We will require successful candidates to spend 75% of their time onsite in the UK with customers.
- Integrating OpenShift with the customer’s application development tools and software life cycle processes.
- Containerising existing applications; breaking monolithic applications into smaller components that will be containerised.
- Adapting applications to integrate with and take advantage of Kubernetes/OpenShift features (e.g. ConfigMaps, Secrets, healthchecks, autoscaling, etc.)
- Designing new build and test pipelines for applications in OpenShift and/or integrating with existing build and test pipelines
- Advising customers on policy decisions surrounding other ongoing technology migrations (e.g. SVN to Git)
Skills and Technology Requirements:
- OpenShift 3.X
- Container and container orchestration technologies, including Kubernetes, Docker, Rkt, Atomic, etc.
- Hands-on Linux experience, preferably with RedHat Enterprise Linux and with solid knowledge of Linux networking (addressing, routing, etc.)
- Scripting skills, including Bash, Python, Ruby and Puppet.
- Jenkins – Pipeline (Groovy), Kubernetes and Gitlab integrations
- Java – Springboot, JBOSS, Maven, etc
- Working knowledge of cloud architectures, e.g. OpenStack, AWS, etc.
- Virtualisation, e.g. VMware, KVM, oVirt, etc.
- Cloud networking (SDN) and storage (object and block) knowledge.
- Automation techniques and DevOps processes.
Soft skills and other expectations of consultant role:
- Have experience of working in a consulting role and/or have excellent consulting skills.
- Have a strong DevOps background and knowledge of software development methodologies, process and tools used in DevOps environments.
- Have background in application development and/or infrastructure deployment projects.
- Have experience of working on customer projects and/or on customer sites.
- Have a track record of working collaboratively with customers; building strong relationships with customer representatives and earning their trust and confidence.
- Contributing to project documentation.
- Mentoring and sharing knowledge with customers.
- Working with the customer’s development and operations teams to ensure the OpenShift solution is meeting their requirements and being an advocate for the customer in the project.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare (Applies to permanent roles only)
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff technical talks
- Regular staff competitions
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.