Our client, a company that operates within the Oil and Gas sector and located in Barcelona, has a job opening for a Big Data Architect. The right Big Data Architect for this job will have broad experience working with the Hadoop Ecosystem for at least two years, as well as many years working with more traditional environments.
This is an opportunity to set up, from scratch, the big data infrastructure of a global organisation that deals with massive volumes of data. Interestingly, the job is located in Barcelona so if you have ever wanted to work abroad, in one of Europe’s best cities, this could be the time to do it.
• Design and set up the logical and technical infrastructure (hardware and software) of the big Data Backend.
• Configure the ecosystem for the companies specific needs and performance
• Dimension and setup production environment
• Understand the user requirements and create solutions
• Actively improve, maintain and support the system
• Customize existing solutions for the company’s needs
• Stay tuned with actual developments of Big Data technologies
• Opportunity to actively design and create a brand new software system
• “No limits“ strategy for development
• Challenging software tasks in innovative teams
• Professional trainings
• Opportunities for career development
• Master or University degree in computer science or comparable experience
• At least 4 years of experience with Big Data technologies
• Successful implementation of Big Data projects for production
• Good experience in Big Data ecosystem of Hadoop (HBase beneficial)
• Experience in scalable architectures, production environments and project lead
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & writing) in English language
• Independent working style and also team player, leadership and management skills, willingness to travel (max 10% of time)
If you believe that you could be the right person for this challenging Big Data Architecture job, then please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 016621000 or click on Apply now.