Calypso Technical Analyst
***6 month Contract***
The Calypso Technical Analyst is responsible for working with business, technology and operational partners to ensure that new requirements are fully understood and documented, that technical design is fit for purpose and issues arising are analysed and addressed in a timely manner.
The ability to work in a high pressured environment with multiple concurrent programs while meeting delivery timelines with a high degree of client satisfaction and quality is essential.
• Analysing business requirements - working with stakeholders to analyse the information provided and ensure requirements are fully understood
• Analysing existing processes across a number of applications and interfaces – thinking end to end
• Working with peers to ensure that the team tasks are balanced against changing business and technical priorities
• Create clear and transparent solutions, avoiding customised logic in favour of generic functions
• Co-ordinate and review front to back impact analysis to ensure all risks are mitigated.
• Support testing cycles (QA and UAT)
• Support and ensure handover of new/modified processes to the Operational teams.
• Ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner and all issues and risks are communicated to the program as appropriate.
• Ensure design and control standards are adhered to and managing any open design issues to resolution.
• Aptitude and desire to understand and develop deep technical knowledge of Calypso Technologies Inc. derivatives valuation and trade processing software.
• Understanding of OTC derivatives covering interest rate, FX, equity and credit derivative products.
• Middle or Back Office derivatives processing experience, including client Order Management Systems, Middle Office Monitoring systems, Settlements, Custodian Funding, and Collateral Management.
• Sound business / project analysis skills.
• Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
• Higher Level / Professional Qualification
• Very high degree of numerical and analytical ability
• Bachelor’s degree (in science, business, information technology or engineering)
• Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
• Demonstrable understanding of the Software Delivery Lifecycle
• Knowledge of Financial Instruments and their uses within the Funds industry
• Experience designing / building front-to-back trade capture and workflow processing systems will be especially valuable high
• Experience of delivering new products to include defining the solution, agreeing requirements, and working with software vendors to build robust & scalable solutions
• Experience of working with transaction messaging (XML / FpML)
• Experience of working with client reporting frameworks and task scheduling.
• Demonstrable experience of change management principles
• Project Management / Business Analysis qualifications are highly desirable.