IT Applications Manager (Pharmaceutical)
Permanent role based in Dublin, Ireland
Excellent salary and benefits package (including bonus and stock)
Job Reference: BBBH10253
We are assisting a Global Pharmaceutical company source an IT Applications Manager to be based in their Dublin operation. Reporting to the Head of IT, this person will be responsible for partnering with Technical Operations, Finance and other functions to identify, design, implement and support new business capabilities (as well as providing key tier 2 support in relation to the technology systems which enable these functions).
This will be a “hands-on” role and will be responsible for delivering business analysis and computer system validation activities which adhere to established policies, SOP’s and best practices (to support all aspects of the organization’s operations).
- Partner with Technical Operations, Finance and other functions to understand objectives, priorities and to assist in development of business capability roadmaps
- Work collaboratively with IT teams, internal business partners and external vendors to identify, understand, implement and support new business capabilities
- Identify and implement process and/or system changes that improve effectiveness of business areas
- Provide level 2 Support for the Technical Operations systems
- Reporting, processing and resolving any incidents reported by end users in accordance with established processes
- Liaise with external vendor’s Technical Support team to determine and implement incident resolution in a timely manner
- Drive the implementation of process improvements / configuration changes identified by the business in accordance with established Change Control processes
- Coordinate the implementation of Patches / Upgrades etc. with the vendor to minimize impact to ongoing projects and resources. Ensure proper testing and communications are conducted
- Collaborate with global QA, IT, and business functions to ensure successful planning, execution and delivery of validation projects following established framework, methodology, and procedures
- Collaborate to develop and execute validation test protocols, such as IQ/OQ/PQ, in accordance with the validation master plan and other applicable standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Work with System owners, QA and CSV to ensure that GxP systems are operating as expected and are maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Work with Business Process Owners to identify and prioritize any process / system in enhancements, working with internal teams to ensure timely implementation
- Maintain the Service Level Agreement and Quality Technical Agreement with the system Vendors
- Work directly with Technical Operations System Administrators and SuperUsers to ensure compliance and productive working relationships
- Assist with troubleshooting quality / functionality issues associated with the systems
- Maintain a positive and collaborating working relationship with the system vendors
- Foster a positive employee relations environment and a culture of continuous improvement, partnership, and teamwork through the use of good and consistent management principles
- Bachelor degree in Science, Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Experience (2-5 years) working in support of enterprise wide systems in a Business analyst or Technical role, with implementation and operations support experience
- Understanding of Finance processes, including procure to pay, general accounting practices, and financial reporting is an advantage
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Quality Systems, Computer system/software validation, and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Management methodologies is desirable
- Able to work independently as well as with global cross functional teams made of internal customers and external service providers
- Demonstrates a strong desire to understand business needs and improve business processes
This is an excellent career opportunity with a top Pharmaceutical company.
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today to: email@example.com