This is an excellent Dublin based IT Job opportunity for experienced architect level candidates who have recently built up strong commercial Scala experience, and want to utilise it working with highly experienced teams, building globally used applications for in one of the best tech firms, to work for in Ireland.
About The Team:
• They are experts in concurrent and distributed systems and are responsible for the companies Elastic Grid
• Building distributed systems is hard so they love the elegance that Scala and Akka bring
• They are passionate about technology and look to apply the appropriate technology as opposed to writing it themselves
• They provide core technologies to other development teams and infrastructure in the company
• Strong sense of ownership, passionate, fast learner, detail oriented, analytical mindset.
• Must have a passion for distributed systems and relish delivering them at cloud scale
• Must love to solve problems with code and prove it through automated tests
• Must have designed, built, tested, owned and monitored a service in production.
• Must be excited by shipping new features and know that delivering to production takes more than just coding
• Must strive to understand the big picture and given the choice, you would prefer to collaborate with product owners, architects, quality assurance and infrastructure than to go it alone
• Must be a team builder: you would prefer to collaborate with product owners, architects, quality assurance and infrastructure than being a lonely wolf.
• Must introduce and influence process improvements and act as an agent for change to the organization.
• Must be continuously growing your skillset
• Experience with Scala and an interest in functional programming, Java programming desirable also. Minimum 8 years.
• Experience Mentoring junior memebers of the development team
• Experience in Kubernetes and Docker, with knowledge of Mesos advantageous
• Experience databases/storage systems, ideally MySQL.
• Proven track record of test driven development and automated system testing
• Commercial experience with distributed, concurrent, high-performance systems
• Interest or experience in one or more of the following is advantageous: Akka, RIAK, Kafka or Zookeeper
• Nice to have experience with Spark, Kafka, Zookeeper, Zipkin.
• Knowledge and familiarity with Unix based OS.
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
To apply for the Principal Scala Engineer role please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.