Graduate Java Developer
Our Client is a leader in the provision of trading and risk management technology. Their software is used by the world's leading investment banks, asset managers, hedge funds, commodity houses and corporations to price, analyse and manage their derivative exposures for foreign exchange, interest rate, equity, commodity, inflation and credit derivatives.
The candidate will work in the Dublin development team, supporting the their risk management system and working closely with the consultancy team to develop new functionality, rapidly solve problems and enhance existing aspects of the application.
This is an entry level position and it is most suitable for recent graduates who have an outstanding academic record and who are interested in becoming a functional java developer in a client focused business.
• Maintenance and enhancement of the existing application.
• Design and implementation of new functional modules from start to end.
• Working with business consultants across different time-zones to diagnose problems and suggest fixes.
• Planning and prioritizing development priorities working closely with the rest of the development team.
• Learn about the business logic of the system and all technologies related to MLC (e.g. Java, XML, Oracle, Sybase, Ant).
• 1.1 or 2.1 degree in Computer Science / Maths / Software Engineering/ Physics
• 450+ CAO points (please ensure you provide full details of subjects, grades, and CAO points achieved on your CV - or equivalent to Leaving Certifcate)
• Knowledge of Java programming is a prerequisite
• Fluent written and oral English is essential
• Ability to prioritize tasks, to ensure deadlines are achieved.
• Ability to work on both short-term and to ensure client demands are fully met
• Ambitious, motivated, eager to develop within a team environment.
• Willingness to display flexibility in a fast-paced, ever-changing working environment is essential.
• Fluency in another European language would be an advantage