6 month Daily Rate Contract
Datacentre Technician based fulltime on customer site.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Perform hands-on and in-depth troubleshooting and associated repairs of failed blade server components, e.g. Hard Drives, Memory DIMM's, Motherboards, CPU's etc.
* Use Dell-supplied diagnostic scripts to accurately identify the failed component
* Perform thorough documentation of all actions taken
* Manage on-site parts locker including inventory control
* Works autonomously in providing on-site technical support to our customer
* Works collaboratively in a team environment
* Must have fluent English (oral and written)
* Advanced hands-on experience troubleshooting & repairing Enterprise Level Servers
* Experience in large 24x7 Data Centre environments
* Comfortable working in a warm environment and standing up while working
* Possess strong communication skills; both verbal and written
* Strong customer facing skills
* Self starter with demonstrated ability to work with little supervision or guidance
* Ability to take ownership and drive issues to resolution
* Exhibit a flexible schedule reacting to customer needs
* Comptia A+, Comptia Server+, RHCE, LINUX, Windows, CCNA, ITIL a strong PLUS
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.