Java Senior Developer
As part of the middleware team, the Java Senior Developer will work with business and technical teams to create integration solutions. The Java Senior Developer will use knowledge of application integration as well as an assessment of data and integration requirements to design and implement integrations.
- The candidate will need to be able to analyse and understand system integrations documents and data mapping/transformations
- The Java Senior Developer will work in conjunction with the Java Technical Lead, Business Analysts and Technical Architects and Developers to determine and implement data and application integration requirements. Detailed tasks include:
· Design and development of new data integrations using accepted patterns and tools.
· Design and development of enterprise level service integrations.
· Research and adopt tools for data integration, application integration, big data, master data management, data quality and business process management.
· Development and review of data models and application architecture
· Design and build XML schemas and WSDLs, as necessary
· Analyse current integrations to aid in integration redesign
· Provide operational support to the SOA infrastructure
· Work effectively as part of a team to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines
· Adhere to business coding standards
· Carry out code reviews with team members.
· Interacting with customers and professional services teams
· Participate in Quality Improvement initiatives as required
· Develop/write technical documentation
· Development of and adherence to integration standards
o Development / tool related
o Data related
o Process related
o Messaging related
Experience & Skills
- Degree or Diploma in Computing or similar related qualification
- Minimum 6 years’ development experience
- Java, Spring Framework and Maven
- Working in a Continuous Integration development environment.
- Working with Scrum
- Working with an application container such as Wildfly/JBoss,Weblogic or Websphere AS
- Working with a Java integration framework e.g. Apache Camel, Spring
- Drools 5 or 6 (highly desirable but not essential)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience in application development or SOA integration
- Strong analytical skills, as well as the ability to “multi-task”
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to understand others and clearly express thoughts
- Ability to produce high quality work deliverables with attention to detail
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives or activities
- Demonstrated experience in effectively capturing and implementing functional data integration requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and quality deliverables
- Demonstrated skills in architecting SOA based integration solutions for enterprise products
- Experience following enterprise or best-practice data modelling standards, naming conventions, user-define domain modelling and other standards
- Experience with XML technologies, and/or a working knowledge of ontologies and standards
- Experience with Web Services including SOAP-based and RESTful services
- Experience in writing approach documents, whitepapers, design documents
- Familiar with DBMS concepts (queries, tables, views, DB links, etc.)
- Ability to work in Windows and Unix/Linux environments
- Design patterns (GoF/Enterprise Integration Patterns)
Benefits of working here:
· The opportunity to work independently on tasks for challenging, international projects within a successful team and with a high degree of personal freedom in your role
- Opportunity to work on a successful enterprise product used by Financial institutions around the world
- Challenging tasks that you and the team bring to a successful conclusion
- A constant stream of new challenges within an organisation renowned for its forward-looking methods and technologies
- Extensive training to develop the essential skills you will need to develop your career
- Benefits, such as a flexible working hours, work from home option, pension, private healthcare, regular social events and much more