As a world-leading discount retailer we need people like you to deliver fast, accurate and efficient technology. The end result is far more than the technology itself, it’s very real. If we get it right, we feed the nation. From SAP to our innovative operating systems, we ensure that all 190 sites, almost 5,000 colleagues and millions of customers are supported by our efficient processes and systems each week. It’s a big responsibility with a big brand, but one you’ll love.
As an IT Professional – Infrastructure (Network), you will have responsibility for all of our IT network infrastructure. You work closely together with your colleagues in the IT department. In Particular you are responsible for:
- Provision, implementation and maintenance of the IT network infrastructure,
- Planning of the IT network infrastructure for stores, warehouses and head office, locations (server rooms, data and power supply, network/cabling, active infrastructure components),
- Improvement and further development of the defined standard systems,
- Implementation of specified security standards with the aim to guarantee IT security of all IT systems,
- Planning and rollout of systems and system updates,
- Testing of systems and processes,
- Incident analysis and resolution,
- Creation and maintenance of procedural documentation for service provision and incident resolution,
- Operating within an ITIL environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with a proven track record,
- Appropriate 3rd level qualification,
- Comfortable with ownership of problem analysis and resolution,
- A highly committed team player who is self-motivated with good business acumen.
- Customer focused and friendly,
- Be highly organised and efficient,
- Be extremely flexible and possess good work ethic,
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies,
- Very proficient in spoken and written English with an excellent phone manner,
- German language skills would be beneficial but not essential.
Technical Skill Set:
- Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching, Data Centre, Security, Wireless,
- Cisco CCDP, CCNP, Security, Wireless, Voice,
- Microsoft Server Administration certification (W2008/W2012),
- Familiarity with server virtualisation, e.g. VMWare,
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills,
- Some experience in supporting an SAP environment is beneficial.
In the bag
In return we will reward you with:
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package,
- A company car (optional),
- The opportunity to further your personal development through training and hands on experience,
- The opportunity to work with a highly motivated and dynamic team in a challenging and varied environment.